What data do I collect?
I collect the following data whilst you use my website.
- Whether you have consented to cookies or not via a cookie (oh the irony). Please see the “Cookies” section for more details on this.
- IP Address, anonymising it where possible for third-party integrations (e.g. Google Analytics)
- Non-personally identifiable information from your user agent (e.g. browser, browser version, operating system, screen resolution)
- How you got to my website (e.g. clicked through a search engine, or via social media) and the pages which you view.
- When you interact with some of the elements on a page. These include when you click a link to another website, or when you watch a Video embedded on the website.
Please note, some of this data is only collected when you consent to a specific consent category through the on-site CookieBot implementation.
How do I collect your data?
When you visit my website, the web serving software (Apache) may collect information as your browser makes requests to the server.
I use various services and platforms to collect how you use the website. These Platforms include Google Analytics (a tracking platform by Google) and Jetpack by WordPress (a plugin to WordPress).
How will I use your data?
The data that the web server collects is used for server stability purposes (i.e. blocking a User if a bot spams the website) and is not cross-referenced with other data.
Data from website analytics packages are collected so I can better understand how people arrived at my site and what content they read. I can then use this to inform me on what content my website’s visitors may want to read in the future.
Regarding if you email firstname.lastname@example.org, I will only use the details you provide to try address the issues you raise. I will not use or sell your contact details for anything else. For record keeping I may keep the email for several years.
What are your data protection rights?
I collect no personally identifiable information through the website (aside from when you email my privacy email address). As such I cannot tie your online usage of my website to you an as individual. As such, your requests relating your rights to access, rectification, erasure, restricting processing, objecting to processing an data portability may not return any output
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact me
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that I has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office.